Dive into a world of irresistible flavor with our Strawberry Brownies! These delightful treats combine the sweetness of strawberries with the indulgence of brownies, creating a dessert that’s not only visually appealing but also a heavenly delight for your taste buds.
Why Strawberry Brownies?
Strawberry Brownies offer a unique twist to the classic chocolate brownie, infusing the goodness of strawberry cake mix. The result? A moist, flavorful dessert that’s perfect for those who love a hint of berry sweetness in every bite.
For the Brownies:
- Strawberry Cake Mix: 1 box (15.25 ounces)
- Eggs: 2 large
- Salted Butter, melted (or Oil): 1/3 cup
- Strawberry Extract: 1 teaspoon
For the Glaze:
- Powdered Sugar: 3/4 cup
- Strawberry Preserves: 2 tablespoons
- Milk: 1 1/2 tablespoons
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch baking dish
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowls
Preparing the Brownies:
- Preheat and Prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray the baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper, allowing it to come up at least two sides.
- Mixing the Batter:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the strawberry cake mix, eggs, melted salted butter (or oil), and strawberry extract. Mix until well combined. The batter will be thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 18-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Note: The brownies may appear slightly undercooked but will firm up as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Preparing the Glaze:
- Whisking the Glaze:
- Once the brownies are completely cool, prepare the glaze. In a bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, strawberry preserves, and milk until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the glaze over the top of the brownies, spreading it evenly.
- Cutting and Serving:
- Cut the brownies into 9 large or 12 small pieces and serve!
Tips for Success
- Use quality strawberry preserves for an intense strawberry flavor.
- Adjust the glaze thickness by adding more or less milk according to your preference.
Variations to Suit Your Taste
- Add chopped nuts or white chocolate chips to the batter for added texture.
- Experiment with different flavored extracts like vanilla or almond.
Storing and Serving
- Store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Serve as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delightful dessert experience.
Perfect Pairings: Food and Drink Suggestions
Pair these Strawberry Brownies with a cup of hot tea or a refreshing glass of iced lemonade for a delightful combination.
Strawberry Brownies are a celebration of berry goodness in every bite. Share the joy by creating these delicious treats for your friends and family!
Q1: Can I use fresh strawberries instead of strawberry preserves? A1: Fresh strawberries may alter the texture, but you can dice them and incorporate them into the batter for a fruity twist.
Q2: Can I omit the glaze for a less sweet option? A2: Absolutely! The glaze adds sweetness, but the brownies are delicious on their own.
Q3: Can I use a different flavored cake mix for the brownies? A3: Certainly! Experiment with flavors like raspberry, lemon, or vanilla for unique variations.
Q4: Can I freeze these brownies for later enjoyment? A4: Yes, you can freeze the brownies in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
Q5: How can I enhance the strawberry flavor in the brownies? A5: Consider adding a handful of finely chopped fresh strawberries to the batter for an extra burst of strawberry goodness.