Indulge in the divine pleasure of baking with our heavenly Pound Cake. This classic recipe promises a symphony of flavors, from the delightful lightness of the cake to the richness of butter and cream. Get ready for a journey into the heart of baking perfection – let’s create a Pound Cake that truly feels like it’s from heaven.
- Kitchen-Aid Mixer
- Tube Cake Pan
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (5-oz) can evaporated milk
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose soft-wheat flour (White Lily)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
1. Preparing the Pan
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and generously grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Set it aside for later use.
2. Beating the Butter
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the softened butter at medium speed for 6 minutes until it turns delightfully light and fluffy.
3. Creating the Base
- Gradually add sugar to the butter, beating for an additional minute until you have a smooth and creamy mixture.
4. Introducing the Eggs
- One at a time, add the eggs to the mixture, beating just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
5. Combining the Dry Ingredients
- In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt, ensuring they are well mixed.
6. Mixing the Liquid Goodness
- In another bowl, combine the evaporated milk and heavy cream.
- Add both the flour mixture and the cream mixture to the butter mixture alternately. Beat at a slow speed after each addition, ensuring everything is well combined.
7. Flavor Infusion
- Stir in the vanilla and almond extract, infusing the batter with their wonderful flavors.
8. Baking the Masterpiece
- Pour the delightful batter into the prepared tube pan, ready to be transformed into a scrumptious cake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 75 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. The aroma will be divine!
9. Cooling with Anticipation
- Once out of the oven, let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. The anticipation is building!
- Gently remove the cake from the pan and continue cooling it on a wire rack until it reaches the perfect level of coolness.
Tips for Baking Bliss
- Room Temperature Butter: Ensure your butter is softened for a fluffy texture.
- Alternate Additions: Adding dry and wet ingredients alternately ensures a smoother batter.
- Patience is a Virtue: Allow the cake to cool gradually for optimal flavor.
Variations and Personal Touches
Experiment with adding a citrus zest for a refreshing twist.
Drizzle a simple glaze made with powdered sugar and lemon juice for added sweetness.
- Enjoy a slice of Pound Cake with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Pair it with a cup of freshly brewed coffee or a spot of your favorite tea.
Why Pound Cake from Heaven?
This Pound Cake recipe transcends the ordinary, offering a taste of pure delight with each forkful. The meticulous combination of ingredients results in a cake that truly feels like it’s from heaven – rich, moist, and utterly satisfying.
Q1: Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted?
Certainly! Adjust the salt quantity accordingly to balance the flavor.
Q2: Can I substitute almond extract with another flavor?
Absolutely! Experiment with different extracts like lemon or coconut for a unique touch.
Q3: Can I freeze slices of Pound Cake for later?
Yes, ensure they are well-wrapped to maintain freshness.
Q4: Can I use cake flour instead of all-purpose flour?
While all-purpose flour works well, cake flour can be used for a softer texture.
Q5: How do I store the Pound Cake?
Store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days or refrigerate for a longer shelf life.
If this Pound Cake from Heaven has brought joy to your kitchen, share the love by hitting the share button! For more delightful recipes and baking inspirations, subscribe to our blog. Happy baking, and may your kitchen be filled with heavenly aromas!