Welcome to a world of irresistible sweetness and velvety texture – the Foolproof Chocolate Fudge recipe. If you’ve been on the hunt for a treat that effortlessly combines simplicity with indulgence, you’re in for a delightful experience. In this post, we’ll guide you through crafting the perfect chocolate fudge that suits everyone, from novice bakers to seasoned confectionery enthusiasts.
Who This Recipe Is For
Whether you’re a busy professional or someone just dipping their toes into the world of baking, this recipe is tailored for you. The quick preparation time and minimal fuss make it an ideal choice for anyone craving a homemade, heavenly chocolate treat without spending hours in the kitchen.
Ingredients and Kitchen Equipment
- (1) 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 20 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, at room temperature
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling (optional)
- 8 x 8-inch baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Heatproof bowl
- Sturdy spatula
- Cutting board
Gather these essentials, and let’s dive into the delectable world of chocolate fudge.
Directions: Crafting the Perfect Fudge
- Prepare the Pan:
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Line the pan with parchment paper, allowing excess paper to overhang the sides.
- Combine the Ingredients:
- In a large heatproof bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, chopped chocolate, and butter.
- Create a Double Boiler:
- Fill a saucepan with a small amount of water (about 1/4 full) and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and place the heatproof bowl with your ingredients on top, creating a double boiler.
- Stir frequently until the chocolate melts and the mixture is completely smooth, approximately 8 minutes.
- Set and Chill:
- Remove from heat. The mixture will be thick and luscious.
- Use a sturdy spatula to scrape the fudge mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- If desired, sprinkle flaky sea salt over the top for an extra layer of flavor and texture.
- Refrigerate the pan for at least 2 hours until the fudge sets.
- Slice and Serve:
- Gently run a butter knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the fudge.
- Transfer the fudge to a cutting board.
- Peel off the parchment paper and slice the fudge into delectable pieces.
- Storage Options:
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- For longer storage, freeze the fudge in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to two months.
For a quicker chocolatey fix, consider using pre-chopped chocolate or melting chocolate chips. Additionally, you can experiment with different extracts like almond or mint for a unique flavor twist.
Recipe Swaps and Variations
Feel free to customize your fudge by adding chopped nuts, dried fruits, or even a swirl of caramel. The possibilities are endless, and this recipe serves as a perfect base for your creative confectionery experiments.
Food and Drink Pairings
Pair this rich chocolate fudge with a robust cup of coffee or a glass of red wine for an elevated tasting experience. The fudge’s velvety texture complements the bold flavors, creating a harmonious blend for your taste buds.
In the world of chocolatey indulgence, this Foolproof Chocolate Fudge recipe stands as a beacon of simplicity and decadence. Whether you’re a baking novice or a seasoned pro, the ease of preparation and the rich reward it brings make it a must-try. Share the joy by preparing and savoring this delightful treat.
- Can I use milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet?
- Absolutely! Adjust the sweetness according to your preference.
- Can I skip the sea salt topping?
- Of course, it’s optional. The salt adds a delightful contrast, but the fudge is heavenly without it.
- How do I prevent my fudge from becoming too hard?
- Ensure you don’t overheat the mixture, and follow the recommended refrigeration time for that perfect texture.
- Can I add nuts to the fudge?
- Yes, get creative! Chopped nuts can add a delightful crunch and flavor.
- Can I use this fudge in other recipes?
- Absolutely, crumble it over ice cream or use it as a topping for desserts.